Some days do not turn out the way you plan, but they can be exceptionally fine days too
The view from SW of Rogers Lake, looking to the NE, on a very wintry day last February.
You are mine, at least that what this Coopers Hawk seems to be telling the birds hiding and seeking shelter in our Desert Olive bush
I took this shot last week on a flight to the east of the San Francisco Peaks and got to shoot some of my favorite scenes besides the mountains and clouds and those are of the wonderful abstract patterns created when snow falls and does not completely cover the fields … an abstract of black and white patterns.
It was a beautiful day in Sedona when I took off this afternoon, but by the time I got half way to the peaks I was dodging snow showers.
Day 1 of the New Year was a relaxing and fun day.
The outing on Lake Pleasant today was one of the funnest days on the water yet
No one really likes waiting in line at the grocery store and some even take naps while waiting for their fresh meat to be delivered to them.
Cottonwood businessmen move to Clarkdale
I love clouds and habitually shoot clouds that speak to me. I took this shot of the clouds from our back deck a couple of weeks ago and the Heron I shot at Watson Lake about a month ago.
Sometimes the sky and my moods intersect in a soft glow where the world becomes a vista of pastels and muted colors and the day I shot this image was such a day … dreamy landscapes, clouds and sky.
Eyes wide Open ... … the music by Tony Anderson that I am playing and what this hen Gadwall has as she is dropping her gear (her feet) and swings them forward, spreading her feet out for a landing on the water … wee bit chilly now, but they are well insulated and able to deal with it.
I came on this guy on Hwy 77 in Wisconsin, cutting over from I-35N to US 63 at Minong before heading up US 63 to Gordon where we take County Y heading to the Upper Eau Claire lake.
A dreamland of , snow, clouds and blue skies that I had on flights to the SF Peaks last week
I'm blown away by the beauty that surrounded me this morning … my first flight in Mariah for a long time was nothing short of remarkable and reminded me of the shoot that the Loon gave me in Northern Wisconsin just a couple of weeks ago.
I took this shot of a young doe on the way back to the cabin after an afternoon in search of color … she and her “mom” were feeding on the grasses at the side of the road and I shot them from inside the car so as not to spook them.
Have a heart ... and this view of Sunset Crater from the west looking east gives you the heart shape cone I was talking about a week or so ago when I sent out photos from the east looking west.
You are mine! So sayeth the Coopers Hawk to the dove as it flies by … and I will get you … check the cutlery out beginning with the razor sharp talons that sink into his prey as they make contact in the air and the sharp and deadly beak to pluck feathers and rip into the prey and shred it into bite size chunks
What the inside of Sunset Crater looks like? Wonder no longer, as this shot I took last September, gives you a clear view of the entire caldera of Sunset Crater … one of my favorite place to go; in the air for beautiful photos of the crater and surrounding volcanic fields and other volcanic cones and on the ground for the spectacular wood and a sense of being in an area less than ten minutes ago in geologic time, saw the earth’s crust ripped and rendered and molten lava exploding out of the earth.
Few things are able to evoke the peace and tranquility that being out on quiet water can do … the beauty of sky, shorelines and reflections in the water … and no one else around to break the spell. I took this shot last August and I’m anxious to get back out there and just drift and absorb the beauty.
Going through photos for the book today I came on a shot of the SF Peaks I took last year which is one of my all-time favorite shots of them.
I captured a series of shots of the Blue Heron that I sent out last night and this shot is the next in the series, taken approximately .14 seconds after the shot from last night … you can see where he has lifted off with the mighty force of the push from the legs and the forward and downward beat of the wings.
End of day on the Colorado Plateau on January 8th , 2017 … I took this shot on a very high wind day about 20 minutes before sunset and the conditions were phenomenal by anyone’s standards.
For a few moments last Friday afternoon, these two predators had their eyes locked on each other and then the larger of them turned his head and resumed his stroll across the grass towards the wild area of brush, trees and tangles.
When all else fails, do something different and this is the seventh photo I pulled up tonight.
- Teen arrested for DUI following crash in Verde Village
- Assault suspect leaves 3-year-old alone in running vehicle with drugs, alcohol
- Floods on Verde, Oak Creek, Beaver Creek expected to peak into Friday
- Camp Verde man jailed on charges of sex exploitation of minor
- Silent Witness: $500 reward for Adam William Stevenson
- WHOSE WATER IS IT? Salt River Project explains historic rights, questionable rights, water certainty
- 5 places in the Verde Valley to take yourself on a date on Valentine’s Day
- Silent Witness tip leads to arrest of Cottonwood man
- Forecasts show more flooding along Oak Creek this week
- NEW BUSINESS: Kirsti Baiamonte opens Magnolia Beauty Bar in Rimrock
- Flat-rate cash-pay medical practice opens in Cottonwood
- Cottonwood woman arrested in Old Town burglary
- Elderly man shoots self at Cottonwood Police building
- The Perfect Crime? Three years later, Cottonwood police, FBI stymied on $350,000 Cottonwood Bank of America burglary
- Cottonwood woman accused of stealing $7K-plus from Maverik store
- Teen arrested for DUI following crash in Verde Village
- Detective accused of domestic violence back to work in ‘administrative role’
- Cottonwood PD: Officer discovers stolen Texas Camaro during traffic stop
- 20-year-old inmate found dead in Coconino County jail cell
- Weekend rains bring flooding to Oak Creek, Verde River (with videos)