December 17, 2009
Stories this photo appears in:
Camp Verde has always viewed Fort Verde as an inseparable part of the community
The second oldest park in the Verde Valley is, like Jerome, a historical park. It came into State Parks' inventory in 1970. The fort had been abandoned in April 1890 and sold off in pieces at auction. Needless to say, when it came time to reassemble the Fort it had to be done piece by piece.The task was finally completed in 1977 and the 11.25-acre fort was once again, for the most part, complete.