The Community Sanitation Program came into existence as one of many work relief projects during December of 1933.
Cottonwood businessmen move to Clarkdale
The travelers visited Camp Verde, Montezuma Castle, Soda Springs, Montezuma Well, etc., before returning to Jerome, Jerome Junction, and Prescott.
A traveler's impressions of the scenery, mines, smelter, and Town of Jerome.
John Pruitt arrived at Jerome with his parents, brother and sisters, before 1908. His father was hired as a special officer for the Town of Jerome. John attended Jerome schools and the family eventually lived on East Avenue.
Alfredo and Ava Gutierrez operated a Mexican restaurant on 89A at 12th Street.
The constantly changing wind made fire fighting more difficult.
The cultivation of grapes and manufacture of wine is a nice business in the Verde Valley.
Herbicide used to kill weeds and Johnson grass poisoned fish and other aquatic life.
Sedona Westerners visit the Purtymun Homestead.
The new building at the United Verde Copper Company smelter houses the concentration plant.
The old organization was dissolved then the new organization was formed on Tuesday, April 15, 1924.
This marks the first attempt at developing the non-metallic mineral resources in Arizona.
The Miller Company was one of the oldest businesses at Jerome and Clarkdale and served as the "company store
Cases of scarlet fever, whooping cough, chicken pox, and measles were all reported to the health officials at Jerome.
Construction of the building began on February 4, and will be completed by the end of May, 1927.
Geronimo Pena led a lonely existence for about 40 years on Mingus Mountain.
The mining camp is still overcrowded and it is almost impossible to get a place to sleep unless accommodations have been reserved in advance.
How the Cottonwood Community Club House was built is a story of determined women with the motto, "Work from the heart is the key to achievement."
Observing one of the oldest Cottonwood traditions, a dance was held in the newly completed building on February 24, 1923.
The Works Progress Administration projects at Page Springs and Camp Verde were under way and the new bridge at Clarkdale would begin during April.
The Cottonwood Rural Fire Station, planned during 1973, was completed during April of 1974.
A collection of newspaper clippings tells the story of Sheriff Cameron, Al. Sieber and 3 Indian trackers.
The December snow storms were followed by rain during January.
The Cottonwood Town Council is studying the possibility of locating a new town hall near the corner of Sixth Street and Mingus Avenue.
New residents of Cottonwood operate the service stations.