• May 8: Sedona Fire District meets the second Tuesday of each month, 7 p.m. at Sedona Fire Station #1, 2860 Southwest Dr., W. Sedona.
• May 15: The Big Park Domestic Wastewater Improvement District, 9:30 a.m., Village of Oak Creek Fire Station #3, 125 Slide Rock Rd. Meeting is subject to change; double check with administrators at 800-659-7149 before attending. Meeting notices are posted at the front door of the fire station’s meeting room.
• May 16: Village of Oak Creek Association Board of Directors, 3 p.m., VOCA Clubhouse, 690 Bell Rock Blvd. The board meets the third Wednesdays of each month.
• May 17: Sedona-Oak Creek School District, 3:30 p.m., District Office, 221 Brewer Rd. The School District meets the first and third Thursdays of each month. Double check on location before attending by calling the district office at 204-6800.
• May 24: Big Park Regional Coordinating Council meets at 9 a.m., VOCA Clubhouse, 690 Bell Rock Blvd.
• First Wednesdays: Sedona Village Business Association meets at 7 a.m., Atria Kachina Point, Jacks Canyon Road. Call Jackie Peters at 284-4622 for more information on upcoming meetings.
• June 2: Open Space Meeting from 10 a.m. to noon, VOCA Clubhouse, 690 Bell Rock Blvd., (local input encouraged on the first Verde Valley proposed open space plan). Mike Raber, community development director from Sedona, will spearhead this meeting. This is chance for locals to offer their views on the future of open space planning related to Arizona's new legislation, Growing Smarter.