What three things would you have SVBA do?
Good Day All,
At our February General Membership meeting/mixer at the Sedona Hilton Resort and Spa we asked the following question of our membership (it had also been distributed to all members via email and posted to our website, www.SVBA.net :
What three things
would you have SVBA do?
We had 22 responses, almost a 50% response. The responses fell into three main categories: More Networking, Better Communication More Promotion of Businesses.
The meeting/mixer was sponsored by Bell Rock Plaza Association, Farmers Insurance the Nelms Agency, and Sedona Village Business Association. Our thanks to the sponsors for their commitment to our new mixer format, more of these will follow in the future.
In deciding how to implement the responses from our membership, I think it might be helpful to review what the SVBA currently does as an organization. The list is as follows:
1. Hold a monthly General Membership meeting on the 1st Wednesday of each month at 4:30 p.m. at Sedona Hilton Resort and Spa;
2. On the Monday prior to the General Membership meeting Board members and other volunteers distribute a flyer announcing the meeting and inviting every one to attend;
3. The SVBA Board of Directors meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 4 p.m. at Sedona Winds in their second floor meeting room;
4. A bi-annual Full Moon Walk event is organized and produced at which there are normally more the 100 "walkers" who walk to each of the participating businesses who are sponsors of the event;
5. A SVBA representative attends each Big Park Regional Coordinating Council monthly meeting. This provides the business community a presence and voice at those meetings. The Big Park Council is our "connection and /liaison" to the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors;
6. The SVBA Board recently submitted an application to The AZ Department of Commerce for rural development grant funds for a project entitled "Commercial Signage Concepts on Arizona's All-American Road - if this grant is received it will be a big step to help resolve some of the commercial signage issues that exist;
7. Creation and updating of a SVBA website - www.SVBA.net ; and
8. The monthly column in The Villager by the SVBA President.
All the foregoing is accomplished by local business owners and others who volunteer their time on behalf of the Sedona Village Business Association which exists to serve the business and residential community. My heartfelt thanks to each and every person who helps ion this effort and my request to others who have not yet been involved to help us with this effort - it is worthwhile and you can also have some fun while doing good things.
At the time of this writing, the SVBA Board has not met this month, so the format of our next General Membership meeting has not been set. That meeting will be on Wednesday, March 3, 4:30 p.m., at Sedona Hilton Resort and Spa - please plan to attend.
We will up date our website with details of the meeting as well as distribution of flyers and an email blast to member.
Also save this date April 24th 4 to 7 p.m. Our Full Moon Walk, The Planter's Moon
Once again your comments are welcome either at email@example.com or 284-2143.