TRUSTED NEWS LEADER FOR COTTONWOOD, CAMP VERDE & THE VERDE VALLEY
Thu, Nov. 21

Electrical Fire in Cornville

A report of smoke in a house brought Verde Valley Fire crews to Brookside Drive in Cornville Wednesday afternoon. Homeowners were already evacuating the home due to heavy smoke and the smell of something burning on the second floor. There were no apparent flames and Captain John Grantham initiated a primary search of the second floor. Nothing was found to be burning, but crews did find burned areas on the outside heating and cooling unit, and melting of wires and charring inside the unit. The homeowner's son had already turned off the electricity when he evacuated, which prevented further damage. The faulty electrical unit was disabled until the owner was able to get it serviced. The homeowners were able to return to the house after it was cleared of smoke.

Contact
Event Calendar
Event Calendar link
Submit Event