TRUSTED NEWS LEADER FOR COTTONWOOD, CAMP VERDE & THE VERDE VALLEY
Mon, Oct. 21

House wiring sparks

COTTONWOOD -- Verde Valley fire engines were dispatched to Verde Village 4 for the smell of smoke in a home at 4276 Navajo Drive Monday afternoon. The occupant of the home said she was using the vacuum for a half hour and she smelled electrical burning after she unplugged it. She saw sparks from other outlets in the home when she unplugged appliances.

The interior crew discovered that a wall outlet had been arching on the inside of the box and created significant heat in the wall. The investigation found there was a loose wire at the outlet causing it to spark and smolder and creating a burned electrical smell in the home.

Crews removed the outlets and a small section of wall to make sure there was no further fire extension. The power to the house was turned off until an electrician could check the system.

Remember: if you have electrical problems contact an electrician immediately If you would like a free home safety inspection or need a smoke detector or batteries changed contact Verde Valley Fire at 634-2578 or your local fire agency.

Contact
Event Calendar
Event Calendar link
Submit Event