Then & Now: Cap-stoning the commercial district of Old Town Cottonwood
The Cottonwood Bridge near the Old Town Jail was built by the Civil Works Administration (CWA) around 1934 to replace a bridge that had been at the same location since about 1926. Del Monte Wash Bridge was built one year later, in 1935, by the WPA. The bridge forms the N Main entrance to the commercial historic district of Old Town at the southeast end, and the Lions Club has created a pocket park to the southeast of the bridge. Photos courtesy of Clemenceau Heritage Museum.