TRUSTED NEWS LEADER FOR COTTONWOOD, CAMP VERDE & THE VERDE VALLEY
Sun, Dec. 15

Garage Destroyed by Errant Smoker

Verde Valley Fire units were dispatched to 5260 Sapphire Circle in Verde Village 1 off Prairie Drive just before 7 p.m. Thursday on reports of flames and smoke in the garage. Verde Valley firefighters in Engine 311 could see the heavy smoke from two miles away and requested support and a shuttle tender for a working fire. Nineteen crewmembers, including Cottonwood Fire and Verde Valley Ambulance, quickly knocked down the fire burning in the garage and perimeter fence. The following day, Fire Investigators J.R. Kleven and Fire Marshal Mike Flummer determined that the fire was caused when a teenager accidentally discarded a smoldering cigarette. The loss has been estimated at $20,000. Courtesy Verde Valley FD

Contact
Event Calendar
Event Calendar link
Submit Event