Northern Arizona Healthcare's Fit Kids of Arizona is a free regional community health program with clinic locations in Cottonwood, Camp Verde, Flagstaff and Williams.
The program is implemented in schools in these areas, as well as in Sedona and the Grand Canyon. Fit Kids offers individual, school-based and community-focused services designed to help children and families make healthier lifestyle choices and reduce weight-related health risks.
The Fit Kids program is not focused on children's weight. However, sometimes too much weight can lead to health problems including diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, fat in the liver, and bone and joint problems.
Fit Kids clinical services can help prevent or reduce these problems, leading to a long, healthy, and happy life for children and their families.
The Fit Kids clinical team is made up of medical, nutritional, fitness and behavioral experts who work on an individual basis with children and their families. The goal is to identify health concerns and problem areas and then guide the participant and family members in setting health-improvement goals.
To learn more about Fit Kids and upcoming Fit Kids events, call 928-214-3537 or visit NAHealth.com/OurServices/FitKidsofArizona.
More like this story
- Fit Kids of Arizona celebrates new Cottonwood location
- Fit Kids Clinic in Cottonwood helps local children and families develop healthier habits, lifestyles
- Copper Ball raises nearly $30,000 for Fit Kids of Arizona
- Cottonwood Fit Kids on the Move (with Photo Gallery)
- Golden Cobra working with Fit Kids to fight lbs.