Jerome cancels 2014 Ghost Walk
JEROME -- It will be a safer and longer Ghost Walk that debuts the second week of October next year, said Jerome Historical Society President Jay Kinsella.
"Over the past couple of years, we have had basically the same story told over and over," he said. "Last year and the year before we had some people that were disappointed in the event."
Fun and safety are paramount, and Kinsella said he's researching new stories that will make for a bit of a spookier event. The society's board met the third Tuesday of August and expressed a variety of concerns, like the need for better lighting.
"We have so many great stories in our archives that the board of directors basically told me that I need to dig into," he said. "We're going to have basically all new stories for next year."
The tour was also a short walk last year from Spook Hall, up First Avenue, and to the shootout on Main Street.
In his 10 years at the historical society Kinsella said he has seen Ghost Walks that were led through snow, or started at Spook Hall and went all the way up to Holy Family Church, up steps and crossing the highway.
"We want to make the show a little bit longer, but not traipsing people from one end of Jerome to the other," he said.
Ghost stories will be blended with some historical "whodunnits," Kinsella said.
"We're going to regroup and have a heck of a show next year," he said.
Click Below to: