Tom Graham hopes to become new Big Park Council president
The next meeting of the Big Park Regional Coordinating Council will be Thursday, December 8, 9 a.m., at the Sedona Fire Station #3, 125 Slide Rock Road, at which time the Big Park Council election will take place. In addition, Yavapai County Supervisor Chip Davis and Supervisor-elect Randy Garrison both will be in attendance. Below are statements from both candidates for the Big Park Council presidency.
The current president publicly announced he was not running. The Council has difficulty getting members to serve as officers. Working with the nominating committee, I wanted to have a full slate to present to the Council. Just before the committee report to the Council, I learned the current president changed his mind to run.
Normally, I would have withdrawn my name ... I informed the Council that I was not trying to oust him ... The Council kept both names on the ballot.
• Council rep since 2005
• Worked closely with three prior presidents as vice president or secretary.
• Served on Planning & Zoning Committee for 8 years.
• Declined 3 times to serve as president.
• Served on other Village non-profit boards.
• Chair the All-American Road Committee.
• Serve on Sedona Village Business Association Board & Treasurer.
• Chip Davis appointed me to Board of Adjustment.