TRUSTED NEWS LEADER FOR COTTONWOOD, CAMP VERDE & THE VERDE VALLEY
Thu, Nov. 14

Electrical fault touches off small house fire; quick FD response

Verde Valley Fire District crews were able to locate the origin of the fire in the void just above the ceiling, according to a news release from the fire district. The fire appeared to have started from electrical wiring there. (Photo courtesy of VVFD)

Verde Valley Fire District crews were able to locate the origin of the fire in the void just above the ceiling, according to a news release from the fire district. The fire appeared to have started from electrical wiring there. (Photo courtesy of VVFD)

CORNVILLE -- About 4 a.m. Wednesday, the Verde Valley Fire District responded to a house fire on the 2600 block of Karlson Drive in Cornville.

Crews found a small home with light smoke showing from one corner of the roof. Crews went into the home and were able to locate the origin of the fire in the void just above the ceiling, according to a news release from the fire district. The fire appeared to have started from electrical wiring there. Utilities to the home were secured and the house was ventilated to remove residual smoke.

All occupants had evacuated themselves without injuries before fire crews arrived. Crews were on scene for about 1.5 hours. Trauma Intervention personnel were dispatch to help three adults and two children with sheltering.

The home had smoke detectors, but no batteries, and so there was no early warning to the residents. To remind all residents, the fire district advises to make sure you have working smoke detectors in your home; smoke detectors are proven life savers.

Contact
Event Calendar
Event Calendar link
Submit Event