Cottonwood Police Department detectives are investigating a fraud case involving the Old Town Association as the victim, said Monica Kuhlt, professional standards sergeant for Cottonwood PD.
The preliminary investigation suggests that a member of the Old Town Association embezzled approximately $20,000 for what appears to be a one-year period, however, that figure could change, Kuhlt explained.
“The suspect is no longer in the area and likely fled the state,” said Kuhlt. “The detectives began this investigation at the end of last week so they are in the early stages.”
- Information provided by Cottonwood PD
More like this story
- Cottonwood police seek suspect in $100,000 Old Town Association fraud
- Cottonwood man arrested on sex-with-minor charges
- Cottonwood man arrested for assaulting, stabbing landlords
- ‘One of worst child neglect cases officers have seen’
- Cottonwood woman accused of stealing grandparents’ guns, selling them