The Big Park Council will sponsor a candidates forum for a District 3 representative on the Yavapai Community College (YCC) District Governing Board during the Council’s regular monthly meeting on Thursday, September 13th.
Why should you care? Because the Board decides how much you will be taxed for college operations and how much students will be charged for tuition. Both issues were recently increased.
Residents are encouraged to submit questions to email@example.com on specific topics they would like candidates to address. Carolyn Fisher will be heading a group to organize those questions.
All residents are strongly encouraged to attend this September 13th Council forum. Big Park Council Meetings start at 9am on the 2nd Thursday of each month, at the Sedona Fire Station #3, 125 Slide Rock Road, in the Village.
For more information on YCC District Government Board meetings and budget decisions, visit www.yc.edu/dgb.
More like this story
- Yavapai College Governing Board blindsides local efforts, suspends Verde Valley Advisory Committee
- League of Women Voters’ Verde chapter invites Charlie German, Jackie Baker to Camp Verde mayoral candidates forum Sept. 27
- Yavapai College to meet at Sedona Center Tuesday
- Yavapai College Governing Board meeting report
- College board seeks replacement for Filardo