On Wednesday Cottonwood runner Allyson Arellano won the women’s citizen division of the Flagstaff Downtown Mile. Arellano, who just finished her freshman season at Queens University of Charlotte in North Carolina, won the citizens race with a 5:32 clocking for the two-lap, 1-mile race, eclipsing the former course record of 5:36. Arellano forged a 3-second gap on her closest competitor through the first lap and ended up winning the race by 12 seconds.
More like this story
- Mingus girls second in prestigious Desert Twilight Invitational
- Aftershock runner Allyson Arellano wins trio of USATF Arizona State Championships
- Cottonwood’s Allyson Arellano claims 3200-meter title in Great Southwest Classic
- Aftershock trio records bests in Mesa Classic
- Aftershock overcomes temperamental weather in outdoor opener