Obituary: Herculano ‘Henry’ Dominguez Ontiveros
Herculano ‘Henry’ Dominguez Ontiveros
Herculano (Henry) Dominguez Ontiveros November 7, 1922 - July 24, 2022 (Age 99) Clarkdale, Arizona
It is with our deepest regret to announce the passing of our beloved husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather, Herculano (Henry) Dominguez Ontiveros. Born November 7, 1922, Herculano passed peacefully at home on July 24, 2022, just 3 months shy of his 100th birthday.
Originally from El Paso, Texas, Herculano and his family moved to the Verde Valley in 1924 and settled in the Lower Clarkdale area known today as Patio Town. He delivered dairy milk to the residents of Clarkdale as his first job at just 10 years old.
He was a patriot of our country, and proudly served in World War II as a Cannoneer and Rifleman for the Army’s 77th Field Artillery Battalion until 1946. After his honorable discharge from the military, Herculano was employed with the Town of Clarkdale.
During his 42 years with the Town, he often received praise and recognition from the Clarkdale residents for his dedication and hard work.
He married his wife, Mary (Rosas) of Clarkdale, on December 8, 1951, and raised six children. Through his retirement, Herculano enjoyed numerous family gatherings and events with his wife, his children and their spouses, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren.
He liked old western movies, and even more so, enjoyed the goofy antics of the Andy Griffith Show. He loved traveling with his wife across multiple states, RVing and camping with their son Leonard, daughter Lydia, and family. He lived a full and prosperous life with his family who loved him dearly, and who will never forget his constant whistling, humming, and singing.
Herculano is survived by his wife of 70 years, Mary Ontiveros; his six children: Lydia Moreno (Anthony [Predeceased]), Leonard Ontiveros (Mary), Christina McKee (Shawn), Oscar Ontiveros (Raynee), Robert Ontiveros (Julie, former; Elizabeth), and Teresa Vera (Albert); his 18 grandchildren; and his 27 great-grandchildren.
An online guestbook is available to sign at westcottfuneralhome.com.
Information provided by the funeral home.
- Clarkdale bandstand is still standing, but for how long?
- Sedona’s Miller Fire is 31% contained
- Cottonwood, Clarkdale increase in population
- Smoke fills the Verde Valley Saturday
- Camp Verde eyes ongoing runoff issue, may create stormwater position
- YCSO stays busy over holiday weekend with multiple calls, DUIs
- Miller Fire spreads in Red Rock district
- Firefighters contain Sedona’s Miller Fire
- RISE: Cottonwood school on a special mission (VIDEO)
- Obituary: David Alexander Conlin Jr.
- Cottonwood police chief placed on leave
- Brush fire destroys 3 homes
- UPDATE: Man burned in house fire
- CyberTip leads to arrest over child porn
- Lawsuit claims negligence by city, county in teen’s 2021 death
- The People Have Spoken: Haunted Group restaurants rake in awards
- Driver crashes into a home, faces DUI charges in Rimrock
- 2023 Verde Valley Fair Schedule
- Man injured, dog dies in house fire
- Police chief continues on leave as new city manager studies issue
Click Below to: