Man injured, dog dies in house fire
COTTONWOOD - A man suffered burn injuries when a trailer home was destroyed by fire Sunday morning.
Verde Valley Fire District and Cottonwood Fire Department extinguished the flames at the home on the 2500 block of South Pleasant Valley Drive in the Verde Villages May 7. The one male occupant was flown by Native Air to Phoenix, according to VVFD, and a family dog died.
The family was displaced by the fire, and the American Red Cross and Arizona Crisis Team helped them temporarily relocate.
The fire is under investigation. VVFD asks all residents to check their smoke detectors.
- Obituary: David Alexander Conlin Jr.
- Miller Fire burns in Secret Mountain Wilderness
- What's happening Memorial Day Weekend in Verde Valley
- Obituary: Charles Arthur Anderson
- Obituary: Candace Arlene Strong Gonzalez
- Boone: Verde Valley still needs thousands of housing units
- Camp Verde eyes ongoing runoff issue, may create stormwater position
- Miller Fire spreads in Red Rock district
- RISE: Cottonwood school on a special mission (VIDEO)
- Cottonwood Police recognize their own (GALLERY)
- Cottonwood police chief placed on leave
- Brush fire destroys 3 homes
- UPDATE: Man burned in house fire
- CyberTip leads to arrest over child porn
- Lawsuit claims negligence by city, county in teen’s 2021 death
- 2023 Verde Valley Fair Schedule
- The People Have Spoken: Haunted Group restaurants rake in awards
- Driver crashes into a home, faces DUI charges in Rimrock
- Man injured, dog dies in house fire
- Police chief continues on leave as new city manager studies issue
Click Below to: