UPDATE: Man burned in house fire
COTTONWOOD—A man sustained significant burns in a house fire on South Pleasant Valley Drive on Sunday morning, May 7, according to the Verde Valley Fire District.
“One adult male resident sustained significant burns and was flown by Native Air to Phoenix,” explained the fire district on Facebook. “Unfortunately the family dog didn’t survive the fire.”
The fire department said the fire is currently under investigation. The Red Cross and Arizona Crisis Team were on scene helping the displaced family.
Smoke from the fire, which was just off State Route 260 and Western Drive, could be seen from miles away. Flames shot out of the side of the mobile home structure before it was hit by water hoses.
The VVFD and the Cottonwood Fire Department worked together to extinguish the fire, and the Yavapai County Sheriff’s Department and Verde Valley Ambulance also responded.
Family members have set up a GoFundMe account to help pay for housing and medical bills.
Vyto Starinskas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Obituary: David Alexander Conlin Jr.
- Miller Fire burns in Secret Mountain Wilderness
- What's happening Memorial Day Weekend in Verde Valley
- Obituary: Charles Arthur Anderson
- Obituary: Candace Arlene Strong Gonzalez
- Boone: Verde Valley still needs thousands of housing units
- Camp Verde eyes ongoing runoff issue, may create stormwater position
- Miller Fire spreads in Red Rock district
- RISE: Cottonwood school on a special mission (VIDEO)
- Cottonwood Police recognize their own (GALLERY)
- Cottonwood police chief placed on leave
- Brush fire destroys 3 homes
- UPDATE: Man burned in house fire
- CyberTip leads to arrest over child porn
- Lawsuit claims negligence by city, county in teen’s 2021 death
- 2023 Verde Valley Fair Schedule
- The People Have Spoken: Haunted Group restaurants rake in awards
- Driver crashes into a home, faces DUI charges in Rimrock
- Man injured, dog dies in house fire
- Police chief continues on leave as new city manager studies issue
Click Below to: