"Mountain Dew" collected recently ate its way through the sides of the jug. "White Mule" exploded with enough force to imbed glass in the office furniture.
Arizona men voted on November 5, 1912, to give women the right to vote and hold public office. Arizona was one of the last to ratify the 19th Amendment in 1920.
The Methodist - Baptist Church Building was occupied and enlarged by the Baptist congregation.
The Methodist - Baptist Church Building was obtained by the Town of Cottonwood in 1982. It is currently being remodeled for use as a brew pub.
Cutting wood on public lands became regulated and resulted in a Supreme Court decision.
The services of two Colorado River boatmen were needed to restore electric power to the Middle Verde area. In Oak Creek Canyon, the wooden bridge at Indian Gardens washed away.
One year later, the fire on Christmas Eve of 1897 destroyed many buildings in the business district.
Jerome is an orderly town with handsome residences and businesses lighted by electricity. There are 2 churches, a school, and a company hospital.
The journey from Jerome Junction to Jerome on the United Verde & Pacific Railway included a stop at the "city" of Davis, a lumber station.
The store opened in the booming mining town in 1918. The store building began to slide and was condemned in 1936.
The Community Sanitation Program came into existence as one of many work relief projects during December of 1933.
There are 400 acres available near the Middle Verde Reservation and 400 acres available near Lynx Lake east of Prescott.
The travelers visited Camp Verde, Montezuma Castle, Soda Springs, Montezuma Well, etc., before returning to Jerome, Jerome Junction, and Prescott.
A traveler's impressions of the scenery, mines, smelter, and Town of Jerome.
Tombstone inscriptions help tell the story of Clarkdale's past and present.
John Pruitt arrived at Jerome with his parents, brother and sisters, before 1908. His father was hired as a special officer for the Town of Jerome. John attended Jerome schools and the family eventually lived on East Avenue.