As an ambassador for rats, it’s never easy to win over the public. There’s that hairless tail after all.
The “giant pothole” that Arnold Schwarzenegger said he recently filled on a street in his Los Angeles neighborhood was actually a trench that had been dug for utility work, according to the city.
A Spanish mountain climber emerged Friday from a cave 70 meters (230 feet) underground where she spent 500 days isolated from the outside world.
A 1-year-old Australian shepherd took an epic trek across 150 miles (241 kilometers) of frozen Bering Sea ice that included being bitten by a seal or polar bear before he was safely returned to his home in Alaska.
Meet Percy, the police rabbit. Yes, that’s fur real.
A pilot in South Africa made a hasty emergency landing after discovering a highly venomous cobra hiding under his seat.
Throw another mammoth on the barbie?
A college baseball player from South Dakota whose prosthetic arm was stolen from his vehicle got it back last Tuesday after it was found at a recycling plant.
A doctor and a team of neonatal medical professionals were in the right place at the right time — helping a Utah woman deliver her baby onboard an hourslong flight to Hawaii.
Two small airplanes collided in midair Wednesday near Denver, leaving one aircraft nearly ripped in half and forcing the pilot of the other to deploy a parachute attached to the plane to land safely. Remarkably, no one was injured, officials said.
A Georgia woman was caught trying to smuggle $40,000 worth of cocaine in multiple pairs of shoes through the Atlanta airport, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
The only house on a small island in Rhode Island’s Narragansett Bay — with the unique address of 0 Patience Way — has hit the market for an asking price of $399,900, The Newport Daily News reported last week.
Authorities say a man was rescued after a tree that fell during high winds trapped him inside a portable toilet at Gettysburg National Military Park in south-central Pennsylvania.
Missing out on Thin Mints in the pandemic? A Google affiliate is using drones to deliver Girl Scout cookies to people’s doorsteps in a Virginia community.
A fight over the name of Josh drew a crowd from around the country to a Nebraska park on Saturday, April 24, for a heated pool-noodle brawl.
- Smoke fills the Verde Valley Saturday
- Clarkdale bandstand is still standing, but for how long?
- Sedona’s Miller Fire is 31% contained
- Cottonwood, Clarkdale increase in population
- Camp Verde eyes ongoing runoff issue, may create stormwater position
- YCSO stays busy over holiday weekend with multiple calls, DUIs
- Miller Fire spreads in Red Rock district
- Firefighters contain Sedona’s Miller Fire
- RISE: Cottonwood school on a special mission (VIDEO)
- Verde Valley Wine Festival proves to be huge success in Cottonwood
- Cottonwood police chief placed on leave
- Brush fire destroys 3 homes
- UPDATE: Man burned in house fire
- CyberTip leads to arrest over child porn
- Lawsuit claims negligence by city, county in teen’s 2021 death
- The People Have Spoken: Haunted Group restaurants rake in awards
- Driver crashes into a home, faces DUI charges in Rimrock
- Man injured, dog dies in house fire
- Police chief continues on leave as new city manager studies issue
- Obituary: David Alexander Conlin Jr.