John and Nikki Ramagli, owners of J Wine Bistro in the Village, announce the grand opening of their new pizzeria at the Collective Sedona, 7000 AZ-179.
• “Falling to Fly” Book Launch Party & ARC Fundraiser on Saturday July 21st & Sunday, July 22nd, upstairs in Vista Hall, with the official book launch starting Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
Recently, the V-Bar-V Heritage Site hosted its annual Archaeology Discovery Days event. As in prior years, among the various demonstrations were fire starting, atlatl throwing, flint-knapping, and ancient tool and jewelry technology.
Saturday, July 14th the Village of Oakcreek Association’s Activity Committee will host our next community breakfast at the community center in VOCA from 7:30-10 a.m.
The Dove Fund project was a total success. Enough money came in from this wonderful community to purchase 60 very high quality, pure white young birds.
VVS global citizenship at work in the world
Verde Valley School Anthropology teacher Leigh Carter recently traveled to Washington D.C. to accompany her husband the filmmaker, author, and professor, Bill Carter to a black-tie gala.
There’s still time to participate in the adult summer reading program sponsored by Sedona Public Library (SPL) and win some great prizes.
Did you know that by 2030 there will be more than 71 million people who are age 65 and older?
Looking for an adrenalin rush or a people centric marketing strategy design Rodney Boden is your man.
SEDONA – Friday evening, Sedona Fire District crews were dispatched to the 200 block of Fawn Drive in the Chapel area. Residents of the home were awoken by a smoke detector and discovered that a fire apparently started outside on the deck and spread to the interior, setting off the smoke detector.
Twenty-three years of educating the children in the Village of Oak Creek and well over 7,000 children who have walked through the breezeway … a total of five principals and many teachers sharing the experience of education at Big Park over those years.
My daughter attended Big Park as an eighth grader when the School opened. After college her first job as a teacher was at Big Park.
Transition is always accompanied by uncertainty, but information widely available gives us a sense of confidence when change occurs.
I have the pleasure of representing Oak Creek Country Club Estates Unit I, a residential neighborhood and one of the original members of the Big Park Council. OCCCE considers itself a “neighborhood” rather than a Homeowners Association and has never had an active HOA.
Voice your opinion What stores/theaters/services would you want and support in the new Village malls and shopping areas?
As new owners of the Sedona Vista Mall and The Collective actively seek new businesses for their retail spaces, now may be our community’s only opportunity to make them aware of what Village Community residents (as well as tourists) need, want and would support.
Vaso Lazic doesn’t get overly excited about much. He takes life as it comes, the good and the bad. He has strong opinions about things. Life is black and white.
Father’s Day is almost upon us. If you’re a dad, you certainly may enjoy getting cards and gifts, of course. But, over time, you will gain even greater satisfaction by what you can give your children – such as some valuable financial lessons.
Did you know that of the 2,345 properties in VOCA, 16 owners are from outside the United States, 1,753 have Arizona residency and 45 states are represented?
Not along the Seine just outside Paris, and not on the balcony of Maison Fournaise in Chatou, France, but right here, outdoors in the VOC, is where it happened. A lovely gathering of friends was found celebrating the good life and discussing Susan Vreeland’s fictional story about Pierre-Auguste Renoir’s Impressionist painting, Luncheon of the Boating Party.
The public is invited to the June 15, Caring Hearts of Sedona 15th anniversary celebration.
It’s springtime and perhaps local residents have noticed that certain scent that indicates skunks are out and about in greater numbers. So are other animals that hikers should be wary of.
We are at the height of the bloom for Mesquite trees and many native plants in Sedona and the Verde Valley. In spite of unprecedented drought this past winter, many native plants and cacti are flowering.
If you have spent any time in the Library, you will hear patrons asking these questions throughout the year, and even more so during the adult summer reading program.
Upsetting many an the community at the time, the Verde Valley Cyclists Coalition received a letter dated January 17, 2017, from the Arizona Department of Transportation threatening immediate removal of the bike lane markings and signage on SR 179, unless the VVCC agreed to sweep the bike lanes from the Ranger Station to Back-O-Beyond Road within a month and continue quarterly sweepings moving forward.
The Sedona Village Business Association (SVBA) has elected new Officers for the next year.
- Drop-in homeless center opens in Cottonwood
- Police arrest man on weapons misconduct charges
- Chantry Trial Week 3: Defendant testifies, expert witness details circumstances of ‘honest false memory’
- Slow Drip: Decades-long court battle over water hampers investment in rural Arizona
- “I’m pleading guilty” -- Seth Collins enters plea, accepts guilt on all charges
- Blasting activity planned at Cottonwood slag pile
- Lightning strike believed to be cause of house fire in Verde Village
- Mingus board approves $91K contract for school resource officer
- Despite threat to San Pedro, Court allows 7,000-home development to move forward
- Obituary: Fay Marie Page-Mauk 1946-2018
- Lightning believed to be cause of commercial building fire in Cottonwood (with video)
- Second man arrested in connection with alleged drive-by shooting in Verde Village
- Aaron Martin, 20, arrested in connection with alleged drive-by shooting in Verde Village
- Drop-in homeless center opens in Cottonwood
- Man charged with assault, kidnapping of Verde Lakes couple
- Cottonwood man arrested for alleged rape of 14-year-old girl
- Alleged social media sex predation lands Cottonwood man in jail
- Obituary: Danny Burris
- Married couple in meth bust each get 10 years
- NEW BUSINESS: Bombaz Grill expands food truck to restaurant in Verde Village