TRUSTED NEWS LEADER FOR COTTONWOOD, CAMP VERDE & THE VERDE VALLEY
Thu, July 18
Photo detail

The newspaper’s original owner, Richard Brann, purchased a government surplus Quonset hut from the U.S. Army in the aftermath of World War II, and set the building on a foundation in what was considered at the time an industrial park on the outskirts of Cottonwood, more commonly known today as Old Town. That building at 116 South Main St. – complete with its original river rock façade -- is still in use today as the office for Starlight Publishing’s Ad King, and as the newsroom for the Verde Independent, Camp Verde Bugle and Kudos.

Contact

Stories this photo appears in:

Tease photo

The Verde Independent’s debut issue, at 10-cents a copy, hit the streets in Cottonwood and Camp Verde Feb. 12, 1948.

February 10, 2018